Our mission is to become the most-loved family hotel of the Swiss Alps, by creating a unique and holistic hotel concept that meets the needs of a clientele eager for new experiences. We look for creative and forward-thinking individuals who are passionate about providing genuine and heartfelt care to our guests, their children and employees.
We are seeking a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker with a strong service culture who is ready to play a key role in the opening and success of the Villars Palace.
As the General Manager, you will be in charge of overseeing day-to-day operations, formulating overall strategy, managing people and establishing policies, ensuring ultimate guest satisfaction while maximizing revenue for the hotel. Thinking outside the box is a must, creative thinking brings creative results.
Who will I work with ?
• Direct report—Board of Directors/Owners
• Direct subordinates—Heads of Department (HOD)& Student Affairs
Our General Manager is responsible for all aspects of operations at the hotel, to day-to-day staff management and guests. Our General Manager needs to be an ambassador for the Villars Palace and provide leadership and strategic planning to all departments in support of the service culture, maximized operations and guest satisfaction.
You will be responsible for managing the Hotels management team (HOD's) and overall hotel targets to deliver an excellent Guest experience. You will also be required to find the best balance between profitability and guest satisfaction measures.
At the same time, our General Manager will be the contact person for the students that will live on site. Therefore, strong interpersonal skills are a necessity.
During and after the opening phase, you will work very closely with the hotel owners and other stakeholders.
Duties for the General Manager will include :
• Define strategy & translate into operations
• Budget & L&L responsibility
• Managing the HR cycle of Villars Palace
A more detailed Job Description is available upon request.
The General Manager is always working on behalf of our Guests and with other Team Members. She/he is a leader, willing to share her/his passion with new team members and/or students.
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate:
• A leadership style that is authentic and engaging
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Impeccable communication
• Passion coach and train new team members and/or students
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel Management, or other major, or a relevant business experience
• 5 to 10 years proven track record in delivering outstanding results as a Hotel Manager, and/or similar roles. Experience in education is a big plus.
• Experience in Project Management, pre-opening experience in an hospitality environment
• Fluent (writing and speaking) in both French and English, additional language is a plus
• The candidate must be in possession of a Swiss hotel license or company will assist the GM in obtaining.
You will receive a competitive market package, including accommodation. We will also develop you in your professional capacity as well as in your personal capacity.
As a company, we are very attentive to work-life balance and have a work hard play hard attitude.
Send us your application and career explanation by email. We can find your background information on LinkedIn and are more interested in the reasons behind your personal and professional choices.
Think you have what it takes? Then we want to hear from you!
Send your application (cv+cover letter) by email to Manon Maréchal at email@example.com by Friday 21.02.2020. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
This position is to be filled as of June 2020 and open for Swiss citizens and EU passport holders.
Built in 1913, the Villars Palace is a historical monument in the Swiss Alps. Managed by the Club Med group for more than 40 years, the property was bought by two Swiss entrepreneurs in May 2019.
Challenging the status quo being the only way to grow in today’s world, the owners decided to disrupt the classic Palace concept and create a unique and holistic hotel mixing Hospitality, Education and Sport, to meet the needs of tomorrow’s insatiable global travellers.
The Villars Palace is a cosy and trendy edu-hotel concept, located within an 8 hectares property in the centre of Villars Ski Resort including a 3-4* hotel, a lodge and high-end sport infrastructures. As an exciting project, there a willingness to open a vocational hotel school on the premises, in collaboration with the Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (by September 2021).