As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The avant-garde InterContinental Geneva embodies the refreshing, elevated perspective on luxury art de vivre in the world’s City of Peace.
Join us as a Engineering Manager M/F :
Under the supervision of the Deputy General Manager, the main responsibilities of this key role are :
· Assist in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds and other assets in a safe and acceptable state of repair.
· Ensure the hotel is in compliance with all local and federal laws in terms of Life, Fire and Safety and, IHG Standard Operating Procedures.
· Supervise and train all Engineering staff (eleven persons).
· Create the annual budget for the department and assisting in developing financial forecasts and actively participating in monthly profit/loss review meetings.
· Create and implement preventative maintenance program for all hotel equipment.
· Ensure all fire equipment and systems are inspected, tested and certified per IHG standards.
· Actively participate in energy conservation programs.
· Review all guest and meeting planner comment cards to ensure problems are identified and corrected in a timely manner.
· Assist with the administration of all vendor contracts controlled by the engineering department.
· Ensure that room maintenance requests are handled in a prompt and courteous manner.
· Assist as necessary with special projects.
With an university-level education specialized in electrotechnical skills, you have at least 10 years of experience in a similar position within a hotel of the same category (luxury hotel and more than 250 rooms) combined with an experience in AC management.
You are fluent in French and English, speaking German is a serious asset. You have a strong IT skills
You are acknowledged for your excellent relationship and leadership, your ability to analyze accurately and to go into details. You are used to work in a changing environment and are able to take ownership of your actions. We are looking for a quick and hard worker with a good team spirit and who aims to respect every deadline and works as an entrepreneur.
This position is to be filled before December 2018.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.